Digital health businesses from across the country were invited to apply to join a new Kent Surrey Sussex Digital Health Accelerator. It’s been launched to help develop and deploy digital solutions to some of the most pressing challenges facing the NHS.
The new programme will work with local companies to match their products to NHS needs, and is based on the existing DigitalHealth.London Accelerator model. The London accelerator has successfully grown technologies such as a smartphone app that slashes A&E waiting times, a digital lifestyle management platform that can reverse type 2 diabetes, and a “USB port for the body” that can host a bionic limb.
The Kent Surrey Sussex accelerator is looking for a similarly wide range of innovative products.
Successful companies on the Accelerator will receive:
- One-to-one support from a designated “NHS Navigator”
- Specialist training
- Support with product development
- Opportunities to meet experts from business, clinical, and government backgrounds
- Regular opportunities to showcase their products with NHS decision-makers and influencers.
The companies selected to be part of the KSS Digital Accelerator are:
A tool that mimics the user experience of WhatsApp but bakes in compliance by design. It is free at the point-of-use and offers a way for the entire UK & European health industry – patients included – to switch away from non-compliant messaging tools without any loss of function or efficiency. Its strict automatic data deletion policies allow clinicians to share non-anonymised patient data without the risk of data breach.
A platform for clinicians to effortlessly provide their patients with the information that was discussed in their appointment. Through the delivery of personalised treatment plans in engaging text and video formats, MSK assist aims to help patients to effectively self-manage their musculoskeletal complaints.
- You can find out more in the Accelerator launch press release here
- For more information on the programme, please contact Vivienne Gray
- Digital Health Accelerators Meet the cohort (19 downloads)
The Kent Surrey Sussex Digital Health Accelerator team